Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Live! From St. Kitts!

We are on St. Kitts! We arrived this afternoon and spent some time getting unpacked, doing a grocery run, and settling in. After spending a little time in the pool to cool off, I was able to build and deploy the 80m vertical. (I did not cut and solder the wire at home; I did that here.) I will assemble and erect the other antennas in the morning.
I've not unpacked the IC-7000 yet but was able to connect the FT-817 to the 80m wire vertical and give it a listen It was not encouraging. I have S9 level noise here on 80m. I don't know if it is conditions, the location, or a combination of the two. I'll know more tomorrow.

The Red Sox and Colorado are on. We're stretched out and enjoying the game. Go Sox!

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Sounds like you are having fun! I hope to work you once you are on the air.

73,
Rich AB1HD

October 24, 2007 10:54 PM  
Blogger srmorrison1 said...

Outstanding and congrats. All the best during CQ WW SSB this weekend, contest on!

73 de Scot, KA3DRR

October 24, 2007 10:56 PM  
Blogger David, K2DBK said...

Glad to hear that you're at least taking it a little bit easy! I'll be looking for you on the air, hope everything works out well. Don't forgot to update your Twitter when you get on the air!

October 25, 2007 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home