Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Reading material for my trip

I'm off for a quick business trip to up-state New York. Traveling there would be a 5 hour flight. Driving there would also take 5 hours. I'll drive, thanks.
The meeting isn't until tomorrow so I'll have a nice quiet evening to myself. I thought this might be a good time to go over some of the DXpedition books and papers I've not examined in a while. It will help me with my planning for my upcoming adventures.
The first is an easy one to find: DXpeditioning Basics by Wayne Mills N7NG which you can find on the ARRL DXCC web page. The price is right, too (free).
The other book I threw in the bag to review is DXpeditioning: Behind the Scenes - A Manual for DXPeditioners and DXers by Neville Cheadle G3NUG and Steve Telenius-Lowe G4JVG. You can get this from the ARRL store here.
There is lots of great stuff in both the white paper and the book but the book really gives you some idea of the level of planning that goes into a successful DXpedition. Highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home