Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Field Day retrospective

I was traveling immediately before, and then immediately after, Field Day which put a serious crimp in my blogging. Luckily, almost nobody noticed. {grin}
I was part of the planning team for the local club's Field Day effort this year. I wrote and printed the Field Day manuals passed out to participants, made the poster which greeted visitors to our site, and led the Toolbox Talks. The weekend was a tremendous success, IMHO, though exhausting. Here are a couple of pictures from the event.


This is the poster and stack of manuals. Thanks go to my colleagues at Verocel who gave me time on Thursday (all day Thursday) to get the manuals copied, collated, and bound. I expect the manual to be on the PART web site either tonight or tomorrow.


The club raffled off an Icom 718 transceiver.


Here I am, right in the middle of things. That's my military mast with a 20m monobander on top. It was up 16 feet by the time we finished.


Here I am doing a Toolbox Talk on the Buddipole. We had 22 Toolbox Talks in all over the weekend. All talks were very well received and made the event one to remember.


Here I am with Tom Frenaye (K1KI), the New England Division Director of the ARRL. I guess he should go on the cool people page on my web site!



This is me on the left with Bo (WA1QYM) listening in on the second headset. This was a headset-only event which made for a very relaxing, and comfortable operating environment.

Most of my Toolbox Talks covered items that I've already covered in my blog. That said, I might go back over some of this material over the next couple of days.

I hope everybody had a great Field Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Weinert said...

How did you sponsor the IC-718?

73

Steve
K9ZW

http://k9zw.wordpress.com/

June 28, 2007 2:01 PM  
Blogger NE1RD's Blog said...

The club (via the President) bought the
radio from Ham Radio Outlet. We sent
in the rebate form. :-)

We then sold raffle tickets for $10 each and hoped
to sell at least 55 (to break even). Any more than
that earned money for the club. We did make
some money, but we also had expenses
during the event (like buying pizza and drinks
for everybody Saturday). In all, we probably
broken-even. Maybe.

It was a nice extra for the club, though.
We're trying to raise the "fun level" as the
club grows. I think we've done OK.

June 29, 2007 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home