Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A thoughtful gift

Rich (AB1HD), a friend from the local club, had read my story of the KX1 on my website and of the marred knob. He thought it might be nice to get me a replacement potentiometer so the rig would no longer bear a scar from that moment of carelessness. He surprised me with the little envelope at lunch about a week ago. I was delighted!
I spent about an hour tonight removing the old pot and inserting the new one. The old part did not yield easily and one of the pads lifted from the circuit board when I did finally free it. But, the new potentiometer went in easily enough and it was a simple matter of wiring a short jumper to complete the assembly.
The new potentiometer looks great. The radio still works well. I am a happy guy!
This gesture by Rich was a very kind and thoughtful. Thanks, Rich!

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Scott,
You're very welcome - enjoy!

Rich AB1HD

July 27, 2007 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home