Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thank you

Thank you. I have received several email messages in addition to the comments posted here on the blog with many kind words. I do appreciate it.

As I said, I've been rethinking things of late. I am still very much committed to the concept of the 100 Pound DXpedition. Truth be told, I am more enthusiastic than ever! Just thinking about the return of sunspots gives me goose-bumps! {grin}
There are only so many hours in the day, though, and I have been concerned that efforts put into the blog, especially at the daily entry pace, detract from other long-term goals that I'd been setting... and not making. It was the realization that I had been tending to things day-to-day without spending much time at all on those long-term goals that brought me to the decision to rethink this blog in the first place.
And, not to stress the point, traffic to the blog has not been high enough to justify this level of effort. If would like to reach more people I need to be more creative than just dumping a few paragraphs in this lonely place each day. I am open to ideas on this. If you believe this concept is interesting, if you believe that traveling with lightweight gear to far-away places and working the world is cool, how can we better sell this to our fellow hams? That's one of the things I'll be thinking about when I'm not blogging here.

I look for this blog to be reduced to an entry or two a week for the Summer and lead-up to St. Kitts planned for late October. I hope that will still be enough to make this an interesting place for all of you to visit. I'll end as I began: thank you. Seriously. I am deeply grateful for the messages I've received and the posts to the comment section of the blog. I only hope I can live up to the high-praise you've given me. Thank you.

73 de NE1RD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home