Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rain

All antennas are now assembled and tested. I was able to make a run on 17m mid-day before taking the time to assemble the Mosley beam. I wish I could have done more, but the tribander took more time to assemble and deploy than I had estimated.
I was going to use one of the bedrooms for my operating position for the contest but the large table on the upper veranda looked too inviting. So, the radio and associated electronics are now set up outside. At this moment they are covered with plastic as it is raining heavily. I believe the table is sheltered sufficiently to allow me to work there over the weekend. We'll see if I make a frantic move mid-contest.
I hope to get on 17m again in the morning for an hour but I do need to rest up and save my voice for the 48 hour contest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home