Sunday, September 17, 2006

Feather-weight power supply

My fellow Montserrat DXpeditioners (the BUMS — Buddipole Users on Montserrat) have been taking the whole 100 pound thing quite seriously. One of the pieces of equipment that has become symbolic of this is the Gamma Research HPS-1a power supply. What's the big attraction? It weighs 1.25 pounds!
Gamma power supply
I don't own this (yet) but most of the other guys in the group either have it or are seriously considering getting it. I'm still on the fence as my Alinco DM-330MV is nearly brand new and has treated me well. Then again, the difference is about 3 pounds (1.25 pounds for the Gamma versus roughly 4.4 pounds for the Alinco). I'm still thinking about it, I guess.
I've had far too many distractions lately including the new car (I finished installing the Icom IC-706mkIIg yesterday so I've got HF back in the car), doing some artwork design for a local club, and, of course, work. My goal this week is to start ditching some of these distractions (though not the job, I still need that) and begin concentrating in earnest on the trip. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home