Sunday, November 19, 2006

10 pound DXpedition?

My mailbox has been overflowing with big envelops from the Montserrat crew this week. We agreed to resubmit our licensing materials and everybody has sent me their passport-style pictures and paperwork. I'll bundle them up and get them off to the island... as soon as we figure out where. We're hoping to get some local hams on the island to walk the paperwork through for us since time is so tight. We hope to have that settled in the next couple of days.
In other news, I got a note from a good friend Greg (NE1OB) today with a pointer to this blog* from K0NR. Robert Witte writes about making a satellite contact from Bonaire. Greg's comment in his note was, "looks like a 10 pound DXpedition!" Sure does! And, it looks like fun. Congratulations to Robert!

* Normally I won't go back and fix a broken URL when things move, but this was interesting enough to make the effort. Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger bobw k0nr said...

Thanks for the link to my blog. Yes, the satellite station was probably a 10 pound DXpedition. I also had a basic HF station that consisted of an FT-100, power supply, vertical/wire antenna, fiberglass mast, tuner and notebook computer....probably 50 pounds or so.
73, Bob K0NR

December 20, 2006 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home