Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The To Do list

I finished Kon-Tiki late last night. Wonderful!
Today was spent catching up on some unfinished projects. To catch up completely I would need about 40 such days, so progress was modest to say the least! Prioritizing the list was too daunting to consider so I just picked a few and tried to get them off the list.
My niece graduated from High School in May and, being the extremely proud uncle, I video taped the ceremony. I was able to edit that footage down to something of reasonable length, create a nice DVD with menus and previews, and make ten copies for parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. Final Cut Express HD made the work easy and the final rendering was done with iDVD. It was the first movie made with the new Sony HDR-HC7, a purchase I made upon my return from Montserrat. The combination of camera, computer, and software worked well for me and I hope to take some great video while on St. Kitts this Fall. (There may even be a little taken on Lovell's Island at the end of the month. We'll see...)

I've still got Field Day logs to go through so we can post our club's entry. I have promised the Cab-converter community that I would make an update to that software to support Field Day. I'll try to get to that by the end of this coming weekend.
My To Do list is still too long but a couple of important things came off today. Like Aesop's fable of The Tortoise and the Hare, slow and steady wins the race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home