Friday, November 02, 2007

All good things

Before we knew it was Noel Sandy and I weathered its strong winds and driving rain on St. Kitts. After passing us it went on to wreak havoc on Cuba and Hispaniola before stalling. Noel seemed to wait for our return to Miami. Now, it would appear, Noel has followed us home. The Northeast and especially the Massachusetts cape and islands are in for a beating from this storm that, by all appearances, seems to have it in for me. Seriously, this will be the third time I've been buffeted by the same piece of weather. That's just weird!

I said in a post in July that I had begun thinking about future of this blog. At just about 400 entries I believe I've had all the opportunities I need to express those ideas which were most important on this topic. I have discussed the planning, preparation, and execution of personal DXpeditions that were small, medium, large, and now too large. I hope that I have given some of you the thirst to try this for yourself. And, it would please me to believe that your first (or subsequent) attempt was made better by something I've mentioned here. I'm vain that way.
Officially, I am "suspending activity" on this blog. I will not delete the blog, nor will I promise not to make postings to it again in the future. I have simply "had my say" on this topic, at least for now.
My writing days are probably not over, however. I hope to put some of this newly reclaimed free time towards more substantive projects. You may see my name in print again sometime soon. It might also be fun to collaborate with other bloggers and writers out there. There are some very interesting and talented people in our community!

So, while this is not goodbye I understand in my heart that by suspending the blog it will never be quite the same, even if I resume it again someday. For those of you who have taken the time out of your busy lives to read my words, thank you. I have appreciated your comments and private emails more than you can imagine.

With deepest gratitude, your humble blogger...

B. Scott Andersen (NE1RD)

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve Weinert said...

Very much appreciate all that you have put into your project and hope after regrouping that you decide a format to share your Amateur Radio adventures again.

Certainly what receives your attention next will be awesome as well!

Talk to you soon and 73,

Steve
K9ZW

November 03, 2007 5:17 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Scott,
I for one will miss reading your blog, but as a blogger myself, I fully understand your decision. I appreciate you not deleting this blog as it will now give me reason to start from the beginning. I'm sure you've inspired many, including some you may not know about.

73,
Rich AB1HD

November 03, 2007 7:54 PM  
Blogger David, K2DBK said...

Scott,
Although I've emailed you privately, I just wanted to publicly thank you for this blog. There have been a number of things that I've done based on something that I read here, and while not everything worked out as well as I might have liked, it did encourage me to experiment with things that I probably never would have looked at.

I'm looking forward to whatever projects you've got up your sleeve in the future.

73,
David, K2DBK

November 05, 2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger Steve Weinert said...

Hey Scott - Any news on forward plans? Miss your great writting and wide ranging interests!

73

Steve
K9ZW

November 28, 2007 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 21, 2010 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 29, 2010 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 04, 2010 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home