Saturday, July 22, 2006

Doing my search the "old fashioned way"

Well, I came up empty again. In last night's post I'd indicated that I'd waited until the last minute to "do my homework" and locate potential candidate boat chartering companies. In actual fact, I had spent many hours over the last few weeks googling around looking for matches for things like "florida boat charter" and "hollywood florida yacht charter" and every other combination you might think would work. All I would come up with is one day fishing adventures, cocktails and shrimp cruises for my business clients, and small-boat scuba diving tours.
I am such a hopeless nerd and I am so used to finding anything and everything on the web that it didn't occur to me that I might have to get out there and beat the pavement to find what I'm looking for, but it appears that will be the case. So, I'm going to finish packing, check out, stalk the wild breakfast, and then head to the docks and just start asking around.
Of course, something else just occurred to me just now: I wonder how long it will take the DEA to hear about my inquiries and make the (obviously false) assumption that I'm trying to get this boat for some nefarious reason. [sigh] I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home