Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A bit banged up

After tonight's baseball game we were struck from behind while stopped dead in traffic. We're sore but I believe Sandy and I are OK. The car will need some serious repairs, though, and it will certainly be a distraction over the next month. All in all, my Honda Element held up pretty well given the collision from the 7,000 pound Ford F150 pickup was violent enough to have the offending truck's airbag deploy!
I've got lots of interesting stuff in the works including a fairly large DXpedition I've not even discussed here (our group hasn't disclosed the plan yet) and the very last thing I needed was this nightmare. But, so long as everybody is really OK, I guess the other stuff is just a quibble. My hat's off to the Lowell Police department and the officer who helped get us through the paperwork and calmed us down after that rush of adrenaline.
Hopefully, this will be the last I have to say on the matter and we can return to the much more fun topic of lightweight DXpeditioning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home