Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Orange Juice

Today's entry will be brief as the small head cold I began with just a couple of days ago has being touring around this frame of mine visiting various places: chest, back, nose (again), and has now settled somewhere in the farthest reaches of my head, presumably where the thinking process occurs. It has moved in, and my powers of concentration have moved out. Perhaps there is room only enough for one and not both.
So, here I sit, feet up, wrapped-up, slowly working through my third big glass of orange juice. I'm not sure if the stuff fights a cold, but it sure tastes good, and feels good going down.
Plans for breaking out the scale and messing with the equipment will need to be put on hold. Then again, that's why it is important to get an early start on these things. If something does come up (last minute business trip, or, like me, you catch your winter cold a bit early) you'll still have plenty of time to review and revise your equipment list. Perhaps packing for one of these trips, making the shortest list and lightest load possible for your adventure, is something akin to writing. I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Blaise Pascal, "Je n'ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parceque je n'ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte." Loosely translated, "This letter is long because I didn't have time to make it shorter." In our case, the quote might be, "Sorry I packed so much. I didn't have time to pack less stuff!"
That's it for today. And remember: the phrase of the day is: "Orange juice." {grin}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home