Better late than never
- Radio Society of Great Britian - the RSGB IOTA site shows the activation.
- National Contest Journal - the National Contest Journal shows it on the NG3K DX Contest Activities Announcements page
- DX-IS - A new site DX-IS News has an entry with my announcement. This new site looks interesting. Keep an eye on it!
- rec.radio.amateur.misc - The Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin was dropped on to the news group rec.radio.amateur.misc. This bulletin is echoed in many places.
- VA3RJ's Islands Castles & Portable Operations - web site picked up the announcement.
- I1-21171's blog - had an entry in his blog where he picked up the logo and translated the announcement into Italian (at least I think it is Italian!). That's very nice! I appreciate this extra effort!
Another site Weekly DX-Calendar by DH9SB had an entry for my Montserrat trip but not this one. I'll send a note to them this afternoon. There was also a note on the LoTW list by DXCC entity by HB9BZA that I had signed up for Logbook of the World for my V4 call. This is also an interesting site!
I've probably missed a few, but you get the idea. Though my announcements were sent very late, some have picked up on them and these postings will breed others as they get picked up by other sites. The utility of getting the word out isn't just so people look for you on the air, it also helps them find your QSL route and the dates of operation. If people see that you were only there one week in, say, October. They will hopefully not send you a card for a purported contact in July! So, today's lesson is: better late than never.