Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Twitter

I am experimenting with Twitter, a very lightweight way to tell the world what you're doing. This isn't a substitute for the DX packet spotting system but it might be interesting while on a DXpedition to tell folks what I'm doing (setting up antennas, on the air, changing bands, trying 6m, etc.) You can use your regular RSS feed utility to follow along by using this URL.

feed://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline/8245932.rss

I will likely be using this on St. Kitts.

1 Comments:

Blogger David, K2DBK said...

I've signed up for Twitter as well, though I'm not sure how often I'd really use it. Frankly, even I am not so fascinated about the little minute by minute things that go on in my life that I'd be interested in reading about it, but maybe I'll find something useful to "twitter" about.

By the way, I had a few issues getting my RSS reader (RSS Bandit) to automatically recognize the feed, but after putting in the URL manually (the one I actually used was http://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline/8245932.atom), it seems to be working OK now. My next trick will be setting up "following", etc., so I can possibly do it without a reader.

September 19, 2007 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home