Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Polishing the presentation

I've been working on refining my presentation for Boxboro, the ARRL New England Division Convention. I'm slated for noon on Saturday (the full schedule for the event can be viewed here). I had given my talk The 100 Pound DXpedition to PART, a local club in Westford, Massachusetts earlier this year so this really is just a polishing of an existing work.


Keynote screen shot


The thing I most worried about is keeping to the one hour time slot that I've been given. At the PART meeting I could take up all the time I wanted (I was the only speaker) but here I've got to set up, do the show, and be off within my slot. Some of the things that made the presentation in Westford fun (passing around equipment, showing how things can be set-up quickly, and showing how small things can be when packed) will need to be skipped because there just won't be time. I also need to ensure I've got plenty of time for questions, too, of course.
The point of the presentation (and I hope this comes through) is that this approach of lightweight DXpeditioning is well within the capability of most of us. If you travel, you can travel with a radio and a little supporting equipment and add to your have fun. I believe the presentation conveys that. I'll let you be the judge. I hope to see you all at Boxboro Saturday, August 26th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home