Monday, March 26, 2007

TZ-900S

I took the plunge today and ordered the Timewave AntennaSmith today. This is a rather expensive piece of equipment and I didn't make this decision lightly. Certainly you can do well on these trips without such a device. I have! But, I have a tendency to try new things, experiment, and push limits. Evaluating some new contraption with on-air tests is good, but I'd like to report back more in this blog about some of these antenna ideas. So, I'll try to use this device and antenna modeling software over the next year to provide a better description of, and justification for, my lightweight antenna approaches. I hope to have the unit by the end of the week. I'll relay first impressions then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Weinert said...

Will be very interested in how you get on with your TimeWave.

Did a reviewed mine at http://k9zw.wordpress.com/2007/01/25/black-box-magic-antennasmith-antenna-analyzer/

Been using it in conjunction with a RiserBond TDR, which has proven to be a very able combo!

The TimeWave does need OS-X software, and if you want the contact for cooperatively developing it, TimeWave discussed doing it with me. Didn't feel I had the time, software tools and OS-X experience, so it wasn't pursued.

73

Steve
K9ZW

http://k9zw.wordpress.com

March 27, 2007 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home