Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Where's Waldo now?!

When Daniel Boon was once asked if he ever got lost out there in the American wilderness, Boon reply, "No, I can't say as ever I was lost, but I was bewildered once for three days." Like Boon, my ever errant antenna Waldo appears to still be a little bewildered.
Checking the FedEx tracking site today showed the dreaded Shipment exception and Cannot locate recipient in the 3:34 AM status. A quick call to FedEx resolved the problem: Force 12 had mangled the shipping address using the street and city from my work address, zip code from my home address, and who knows what else. FedEx fixed the problem immediately in their database but it looks like the package won't be delivered until Wednesday or Thursday Thursday or Friday now. Arrrggghhh.
On a happier note, I spent time filling out the first batch of QSL cards from the Boston Harbor operations last night and dropped them in the mail this morning. About 2/3 of the cards had a nice note telling me they were excited about the new IOTA number. That made me smile!
The North American QSO Party is this weekend. Last year I placed third in the QRP category. I'll probably take this opportunity to try out a shortened G5RV I bought at Dayton this year. This little gizmo will likely get packed for the Montserrat trip in January. Yes, even wire antennas should get tested before you travel with them! See you on the air Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home