Monday, September 04, 2006

New Element

As reported nearly a month ago, we had a little accident and got a bit banged up when my Honda Element was struck from behind. It was finally out of the body shop last week but it didn't feel right. We decided today it was time to swap it for a new one. So, I'll pick up my new Honda Element tomorrow.
I removed the last of the radio stuff this evening and will start working on getting my two radios installed in the new vehicle immediately. I'm going to try to get the service department to run my power cable through the fire wall and to the battery. I can do the rest. The two radios are the IC-706 IImg and the IC-2800.

Needless to say, with all this going on I didn't get a chance to do much on the DXpedition stuff today. But, other people are thinking about DX! I noticed another bump in the web site traffic statistics today at least partially attributed to a mention of our trip in the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin.
I would really like to put more content up on our Montserrat web site so everybody will become as jazzed about this trip as I am. Perhaps after I get past some of these really hot issues I can spend some time on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home